I wonder if the forum members have a preffered way to backup dB oracle/sql etc, i realize the sizing the techniques may vary quite a bit but it would be nice to know what other are doing, i am listing broad requirements.
1. Oracle db backup to VSP/USPV vs NAS NFS export with 10 GB eithernet , particularly netapp with flash pools and large capacity drive , i would like to know how the backups compare to VSP vs NFS export, what may be advantage/disadvantage of backing up to NFS.
2. Rman or remote dataguard or sql light speed
3. Shadowcopy/HTI vs Tape recovery/Disk recovery
4. VTL or Tape
5. What are your experiance with recovery in this scenarios, which method do you prefer and why ?
6. Could backing up via NFS to netapp with flashcash/flash pool save money vs straight HDS using mostly capacity drive ?
7. How and when to use cloud technology to do backups, which vendors, products do you currrently use for cloud services and why.
8.Data Dedup/compresion etc.
It would be interesting to know what you think, please send any supporting doc/diagram , links etc.