If you're concerned about privacy, you can limit who sees the different parts of your profile by using profile privacy settings.
- To edit your profile, click your avatar in the upper right corner and then Edit Profile.
- Select the Privacy tab.
- For each profile field, select the type of user who can view it. If you select everyone, then all users can see the contents of that field. Make sure you don't hide too much about yourself because that's how others will connect with you.
- For example, you may want to hide company name from all viewers, but allow other Registered Users to see your title. In some instances the information on your profile lends credibility to the content you contribute in the community. You can choose on each field the level of community members that can see your information.:
- Registered users
- Connections (people you follow and also follow you)
- Only you
- Click Save when you are done checking and updating your privacy settings.