With our first annual user conference NEXT 2017 happening this week, it's is a great opportunity to pay it forward and share your event experience on social media. Here are five simple ways that attendees (onsite and online) can create a virtual experience for the entire Hitachi community:
For onsite attendees, a Social Media Wall will be displayed in front of the Solutions Showcase so attendees can view tweets, photos and videos in real time. By keeping an eye on the social stream, you can join the conversation by replying, retweeting, or sharing your own insights.
2. Tweet your favorite sound bites: This is a simple but valuable way to share out information. You will hear a lot of great sound bites from numerous speakers – from General Session keynotes, to evening events, to any of the 50 breakout sessions throughout the week. You can help surface key insights by highlighting great quotes or visuals from our customers, thought leaders, partners, Hitachi executives, and other attendees.
3. Participate in our social media contests: To help encourage conversation and have a little fun, we're introducing three social media contests during NEXT. Read the details here, but here are the categories:
- Favorite Quote From Tuesday's General Session
- Favorite Quote From a Hitachi Customer
- Favorite Quote From Wednesday's General Session
4. Capture the fun moments! Silly, fun or cool moments are often some of the most memorable aspects of any event. And there will be plenty of opportunities to capture the vibe of NEXT 2017, including unique evening events, surprises in the Solutions Showcase, and an evening with a Grammy Award-winning artist. Our event mobile app also has a Click! Game which includes photo challenges that could be shared on social media. Be sure to check it out!
5. Maintain your connections after the event: If you have a great conversation with a fellow attendee during the week, keep the communication going after the event via social media. Just connect with them on LinkedIn, Twitter or our Community. It's much more effective than sticking all of those business cards in a drawer ;-)
I hope you found these tips useful. Remember that paying it forward has great benefit to your fellow colleagues who may not be able to attend in person or online. Let's do our best to include them this week.
I look forward to seeing you in person or virtually at #HitachiNEXT!